Ingredients: (makes 8 rolls)
* Plain Flour- 3 cups (ku guna tepung roti)
* Warm Water- 1 cup*
* Yeast- 1tbps #
* Salt - 1tsp
* Sugar- 2 tbps
* Extra Virgin Olive Oil- 2-3 tbps
* Mix everything together except oil with warm water and knead until you get a smooth dough.
* Add oil and knead until the dough springs back when you press with your finger.
* Apply oil and allow to rise for 40-45 minutes. By this time it will be double its initial size.
* Make the garlic spread.
* Knock down the air in the dough and divide the dough into two equal portions.
* Grease a baking pan or loaf tin with butter.
* Roll the dough using a rolling pin. Apply flour to prevent sticking.
* The rolled out dough must be at least half inch thick.
* Try to make it more like a rectangle. Apply one tablespoon of the garlic spread on it.
* Roll it and cut it into two equal parts and further cut the two parts into two, so that you get 4 equal rolls.
* Now place the rolls with the cut side up in the greased pan.
* Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.
* Apply the balance garlic spread on top and apply milk or egg wash which ever you prefer.
* Sprinkle sesame seeds (optional)
* Allow to proof for another 20 minutes.
* In the mean time preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
* Bake for 20-25 minutes until the house is filled with the aroma of roasted garlic and bread..
* Take a bite into this lovely soft and flavourful rolls. You will surely fall in love with it.
* The quantity of water depends on the brand of flour used. I sometimes use less than a cup, sometimes more than a cup for the same 3 cups of flour.
# I add 1 tablespoon yeast for a quick rise. You can reduce the quantity of yeast(say 1tsp) and let it rise slowly too.
p/s:bos cuti sampai tahun baru tapi die tak lupa tinggalkan kerja...huhuhu nyampah. Baru nak relax layan youtube..hahaha